Wednesday, January 31, 2007

collection (Maria T.D. Inocencio)



In my old diary I wrote about Maria T.D. Inocencio a couple of times. She is the one who made an exhibition called the Tree. A Big Leaf Maple in her own yard had to be cut down and so she brought it into the Autzen Gallery at PSU. At the end of this show, people were able to take away snags and seedlings. We still have this one in our yard, though someday it will have to be moved.

Maria works with all kinds of materials, including hair. You see her hair in these stones above, which she gave me for my 50th birthday. They are special - I have them in my kitchen and look at them everyday.

1 comment:

Merrill said...

Hi, I enjoyed your work very much. I am a video artist in NY for a week and was trying to find back an old friend Bernd Naber who I made a video of during his tumultuous Prisonic show. If you have an e-mail or phone number for him, could you please send it to me? My e-mail is at artclips@free.fr
Thanks so much, Merrill