Thursday, January 11, 2007

dream frames



C of Portland Public Art asks me if the non-framing of my work in the OHSU collection was intentional, especially as every other piece there had a frame.

Far from it. I dream of frames luxuriant, of a curvature Baroque to compliment the straight lines I like to paint. And make them an apricot gold like a Reinstein Ross. Some assume I would prefer a plain stick minimalist affair but that is not the case.

There’s just not enough cash to do the whole nine yards. And yes, I know how frames can make the show; I can think of several local artists who don’t show without the nine yards. The now-filmmaker-once-visual-artist Paul H-O had an entire show of empty frames to drive home the point (at least I think that is what that show was about…).

No comments: