Wednesday, March 7, 2007

departure

Soon I will be leaving Chambers. I will put in, once all is done, two years with the owner Wid Chambers and feel we had a good run together. We showed some great talent – David Eckard, Jesse Hayward, Alice Wheeler, Baby Smith, Eunice Parsons, Horia Boboia – pretty stellar for a start-up who does not represent.

That gallery will carry on without me and I’m sure it will do well. Chris Ashley will be showing in June, for one thing. That exhibition is going to be awesome.

A conversation about my departure was already underway and it was brought to my attention that I needed to interject into this conversation. It’s not good to let others speak for you, because then it’s all hearsay and speculation. I am happy to answer any questions regarding my departure and feel I am the one to do it. My email is right on my profile. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like you said...everything happens for a reason...and this is meant to be. i'm both saddened and elated all at once and wish the best for you. i'm thankful for the time we shared and hope we have many more moments ahead..

-baby smith