Wednesday, April 4, 2007

postcards (Lex Loeb)


In 1996 I visited Portland, the fateful trip which would decide my destiny. It was during this trip that I knew I would leave NYC if a certain someone asked me to marry, and he did. During this trip we visited the UFO Museum, run by Lex Loeb. It's weird, but I have romantic feelings about the UFO Museum...


This small place right downtown held a ménage of the found and the weird and I could tell that Lex and I had tastes in common. He also did mail art, loved Dada and all things found thereafter. He made so much propaganda and you can still find him today with art booths on the street, most notably in the NW.



He paints too. He gave me this Kmart Cat when I interviewed him on Artstar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love IS very alien like, indeed...i'm GLAD you embraced it and went to the ooother side, heh. sometimes we need these clues....otherwise, we'd just stay stuck in our earthen ways...

your martian friend...
-baby smith