Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Harry's Bar, Lake Como, etc.


After some time in Venice, we have a week in a house on Lake Como to look forward to. Whenever I've gone through there, I've always wanted to stop. Of course I want to go down to Milan, which is the center of fashionable Italy. In the Sartorialist are many pictures off the streets of Milan where people really know how to dress - even the old men are bicycles are looking great!

I've also heard that Venice is outrageously expensive. Jim Riswold told me you should walk around with an open tray of money, announcing: "Take it... go head...yes, take it." But I am still going to have my 20 dollar cocktail at Harry's Bar, I don't care. Maybe I will have two. I've never, ever regretted spending money in Europe. If anything, I regret what I told myself I couldn't afford. I couldn't see Nureyev in London in '75. Too broke. But now I know I should have just starved instead.

1 comment:

Sheree Rensel said...

Eva,
I think you should have 3 cocktails at Harry's!! If I experienced only what I could AFFORD during my life time, I would be living in a trailer down by the river!
Seriously, I just go about my business. If I want something, I get it. It will get paid. It always does. I am not crazy with money, but I don't "think poor" ever. When it comes to art supplies, I buy what I need, not what I can afford. When it comes to a luxury, I realize I only live once. It might take me a year or two to pay for it, but I will have that memory or thing for the rest of my life. It is worth it. Go for the BEST girl!!!
Sheree
www.wizzlewolf.com