Monday, January 21, 2008

Geoform

Through Joanne Mattera I discovered Geoform. Now I am happy to say that I was recently included in this project.

Geoform is an online scholarly resource, international forum, and curatorial project that focuses on the use of geometric form and structure in contemporary abstract art. The project is edited by Julie Karabenick.

Some of the artists I recognize – like Michael Kessler, Michael Knutson, Rae MaHaffey and Tim Bavinton. Perhaps my favorite is Thornton Willis.

There are currently 119 artists from 18 countries taking part in Geoform. Their artwork, artists' statements, and contact information are presented in the Artist Directory. Included in the contact information are links to further information about each artist.

A growing collection of in-depth interviews conducted with some of the participating artists may be found in the Interview Directory.

4 comments:

amy smith garofano said...

Thanks so much for this link! I've never seen a forum for geometric art like this before.

Thomas Nigel said...

Brian Sherwin interviewed Thornton Willis for the Myartspace blog. You might want to check it out. You can find it at www.myartspace.com/blog or here

Anonymous said...

Thomas, thanks for visiting. I tried to find that Willis interview and could not.
This link ought to work...

Eva

Words said...

That interview with Mr. Willis is great! I went to the Myartspace Blog and found an interview with James Rosenquist as well. Amazing content. Now I want to do more research on Geoform.