Thursday, March 13, 2008

Torrey and Jack at Live Worms


Last night I went to Live Worms on Grant to check out the shows of Torrey Nommesen and Jack Perkins. Torrey gave an amusing and revealing account in this video about mixed media, conceptual art vs. “Art with a capital A.”

Jack, also known as Fast, Cheap and Easy Graphics, is the famous bartender at Vesuvio’s who has written a few books too. He was more interested in a smoke than talking to me about his photographs, but I did get a couple of minutes with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eva,
I enjoyed Torrey's video, although it made me think of that saying: "If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck it's a duck." L.

Anonymous said...

The bit about being a real artist or a joke is strange, as is conceptual vs art with a capital art. Eva said "you can have it all!" and that's right...