Thursday, June 25, 2009

the Lesbian Art Show on KBOO

Today I visited the Lesbian Art Show at Fontanelle, which features Dada-inspired collages, painting and installation by Azsa West and Mary McAllister. I loved this show - it pays smart homage to herstory of the 20th century with a very contemporary feel. There's even a booth where you can enclose yourself with the Well of Loneliness and a shot of whiskey. I was able to snag a spot on KBOO for this show by hosting Friday's Radiozine - that's tomorrow at 11AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some of your stuff is great... more of it is really lame. and I regret that we cannot have a real time discussion of it. but, that's the way it is.
I'm a lame asshole for even posting a comment under these conditions. but I thought you should know.
I do think that some day you will get to the point where you know the difference in your works between the lame and the not lame.
but by then I'll be gone and perhaps pissing off another artist.

or... just forget I was ever here.