Friday, January 29, 2010

damask

New Drapes Duo

Recently I received an email from a friend asking me if I was still painting. I am still painting but I am an artist who does more than one thing. Nonetheless the painting is like the slow food movement these days. The panels are 30 inches square with very thin, hand painted stripes. They may appear as diptychs like they are above or I might install a long line like I did with The Richter Scale.
The paintings are more enclosed, more dark than light - which perhaps suits a mood, not very coincidental. They play more on fabric than the previous pieces and are like silk damask. The work is basically an investigation of the last 3 pieces I made at the tail end of Richter Scale.

5 comments:

Matt C said...

Paints looking great, Eva.

Eva said...

Thank you Matt! I am looking forward to your next show at Augen. And guess what? I am showing some targets there too.

harold hollingsworth said...

looks so decadent, wonderful push Eva

Joanne Mattera said...

I'm doing "Silk Road." You're doing "damask." I think we need to do a show together. Want to talk?

Eva said...

Yes, let's talk. I'll email you....