Friday, January 7, 2011

the Best of

It is considered unseemly to criticize or swoon publicly over what is written about you. This is only a momentary gush of thanks and thrills.

PORT has published its Best of 2010 list and I’m on there twice. It’s the "Break Out" arena which has me highly amused. At 20, you may anticipate shifting the world. In your 50s, you’re generally not breaking out of anything but the last midlife crisis. 2010 was the banner best-of-times, worst-of-times year. Sometimes my deal made with the devil to live as an artist felt very tested. I’m underemployed (like half of Portland) and from day to day, can’t predict anything. But I do know that what I wanted, all of my life, what I lusted after, what seemed like a big pipe dream, is still possible, is still new.
The above is part of a new series I am working on, Anonymous Women.

1 comment:

CAP said...

Yay! Go Eva!

Alas, the only 'breaking-out' I've done in my 50s has been in clothing sizes...