Saturday, January 29, 2011

Studio Visit with Steven LaRose


One of my favorite Oregon painters is not in this town. Steven LaRose lives in Ashland and whenever I visit the home turf, I try to see him too. These pics are from yesterday. He also blogged about the visit (– and we also made a fun studio visit video a couple of years back).





His current works stands up to all that “unadventurous” painting Wes Freese and some of us were swooning over at Sharon Butler and Facebook (in reference to a Holland Cotter review). There’s also kind of an Asian thing to his painting that I can’t quite put my finger on, a fluidity and sureness. He’s really good at flowers, nature, can paint anything really. He even gave me a nifty pencil drawing of a tree.


2 comments:

harold hollingsworth said...

This warms my heart, both of you are keys!

Eva said...

Wow Harold, we were talking about you and your work! - Saying nothing but good things.....