Monday, July 4, 2011

the Independent

This is a great year. I had a wonderful time at reCover in New York and I hope I will be back. But all along I have been plotting out another adventure here in Portland.

More than once I've interviewed on Art Focus an enterprising curator or artist behind a pop-up. Every single time I was inspired and lusted after one of my own. Now is the time.

On July 7th the Independent will make its debut, presenting the award-winning photographs of Brad Carlile (more on him in the next post). The name is important for too many reasons to state - nonetheless I thank a few key people who really helped make this happen. I was there today in the sunshine of a day, sweeping floors and scheming.

2 comments:

harold hollingsworth said...

super excited for you Eva!

Eva said...

Thanks! You will like this space.