Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Long Goodbye

I am approaching the end of radio as I have known it. I wish I could just say good-bye, that it is done but I am getting some resistance.
My situation is not the same as when I commenced radio 12 years ago. There is not a lot of time and not enough space. But those things could be figured out. What I am really missing is patience. My day job (and I am grateful to have it) is absorbing all of that.

Also it has been brought to my attention in countless ways that I can be perceived as journalist first and artist second. That could be meant as a compliment but it doesn't work for me. And while journalism is something I chose, my life as an artist was not. As I stated before, I could not drink it out, smoke it out - it could not be kicked out or talked out - and plenty tried. There's no choice on that front, so I have to make it on others.

No comments: